Human Resource Generalist
|Job Title:||Human Resource Generalist||Job Code (Grade):||HAP02B (Gr. 9)|
|Functional Approver:||Scott Keller Mgr. HR-Sr||Date Approved:|
|HR Approver:||Andrea Ebbitt, Director HR - US||Date Approved:|
Administers and provides functional support for multiple areas of Human Resources, including but not limited to policy administration, benefits administration, employee relations, training, HRIS maintenance, recruitment, compensation and onboarding.
- Assist in recruitment efforts including screening of candidates.
- Conduct new employee training and onboarding
- Keeps HRIS updated with job changes, new hires, terminations, pay changes
- Coordinates job bidding for all process positions open in the plant. Includes interviewing, selection, and job offers.
- Assist in conducting employee investigations; respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints and harassment allegations.
- Administers the training of process employees as to the quality and effectiveness of the training as well as, determining various training needs.
- Promotes positive employee morale and work atmosphere through employee assistance and issue resolution
- Administers the performance management for all process employees
- Direct interaction with Business Unit Manager and Supervisors to assist with policy administration, disciplinary and exit interviews. Provide Human Resource guidance and recommendations.
- Performs benefits administration to include medical, dental, vision, investment savings and long term disability.
- Assists with employee leaves of absence, FMLA, unpaid leaves notifications/documentation.
- Replies to Department of Labor on employment claims.
- Prepares new employee organizational announcements
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies or procedures
- Act as a point of contact and liaison for employee and retiree benefit related questions and issues including Health and Well Being, life insurance, investment savings and pension plans.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement
- Organize and administer various special projects for the human resource department such as policies, new hire booklets, compiling data for audits.
- Maintains Organizational charts
- Must be available to work split shifts if needed.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Human Resources
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience within a manufacturing environment.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources, policy interpretations and legal requirements.
- Able to compile information and analyze data
- Must possess a high level of problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and exercise judgement in disclosing or withholding confidential information
- Possess high energy, process orientation and superior multitasking skills
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels within as well as outside the Company.
- High level experience with Microsoft Office Applications
Work Environment/Work Conditions:
- Work time will be spent in a standard office environment with manufacturing plant exposure.
- Temperature and noise may vary depending on external environmental conditions.
- Lack of attention and carelessness may result in personal injury to self or others