The Walker Company
The Walker Company is HIRING for an Accounting Manager position. This position is a Full-Time/Non-Seasonal position. This position will not have supervisory responsibilities in the beginning, but may in the future. The primary responsibility of the Accounting Manager is to provide support to the CFO in the management of all accounting & human resource processes. The accounting manager will perform tasks related to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, job cost & human resources.
Essential Tasks Include:
Essential Tasks Include:
- Manage the flow of accounts payable documents from the field.
- Code and sometimes enter accounts payable invoices.
- Distribution of daily mail.
- Record & electronically file weekly meeting minutes.
- Obtain permitting & licensing requirements for jobs.
- Issue subcontracts per the construction management team.
- Assist in filing and maintaining accounts payable files.
- Maintain electronic job files.
- Setup jobs in accounting system.
- Setup & maintain equipment history in accounting system.
- Job cost maintenance and analysis.
- Support CFO in processing of payroll.
- Maintain payroll & human resource files.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts & bank statements.
- Monthly closing process.
- Financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Generate invoices issued to customers for work performed.
- Account for & make bank deposits.
- Reconciliation of accounts receivable.
- Collection of accounts receivable.
- Effective communication skills including listening, writing, editing and proof-reading
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel & Word
- Ability to learn new software
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Efficient time management
- Manual dexterity to use computer and other devices
- Required to sit, walk, stand, and use hands and arms to reach
- Required to effectively communicate
- Some local travel may be necessary. Probably within 35 miles of Mt. Sterling, KY and mostly in Mt. Sterling, KY. Little to no overnight travel.
- Work will be primarily performed in an office setting with controlled temperature/humidity; however, visits to business partners and the job site in a variety of weather conditions may be necessary.
- Low noise level
- Day, fixed shift schedule
- Overtime as required
- 1-5 years of experience working in an accounting or accounting related role
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Understanding of CSI specifications
- Ability to read and use a RS Means manual
- Accounting or Finance Degree preferred but applicants with ample experience will be considered.